KONE, Inc Head of Connectivity in Espoo, Finland
Head of Connectivity
Job ID: 32981
Job Posting Category: Information Technologies
Employment Type: Full-time
Contract Type: Permanent
Application Closing Date: 07-08-2017
Ranked as one of the most innovative companies in the world, KONE is a global leader in elevator and escalator business. Every day, millions of people globally are using our elevators and escalators in an increasingly urbanizing environment. We want to offer the best People Flow® experience to those using our equipment in residential and office buildings, hotels, public transportation sites, hospitals, shopping malls and many special buildings.
KONE Technology & Innovation is a global organization of technology, design and IT experts who research and create new technologies and solutions for innovative People Flow®.
We are looking for
We are now looking for a Head of Connectivity to manage our global network solutions together with a global connectivity team.
In this role, you will be developing large scale network services that include technologies such as MPLS, DSL, SDWAN from concept to delivery and continuous operations. As both our internal and external services become increasingly digital and available 24/7, our connectivity solutions are central to our IT infrastructure.
The position is based in Espoo, Finland and will report to the Head of IT Operations, KONE IT.
• Engage with our business units to ensure that the connectivity solutions and architecture meet business needs in effectiveness, capacity, security and availability
• Engage with our R&D units in developing the connectivity roadmap related to IoT and B2B- and B2C-application development
• Collaborate with our other IT teams to understand the IT strategy and development roadmap and its impact on connectivity solutions
• Contribute to strategic planning and decision making as a member of the IT Operations management team
• Build a high performing team that has the focus, competences and resources to deliver solutions to plan while managing existing services
• Manage our key vendor partnerships together with our sourcing team
Skills, Education and Experience
• M.Sc. degree or equivalent
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills with business leadership and IT colleagues
• Strong management skills in building global and virtual teams in a multicultural environment
• Demonstrated experience in managing global network solutions and technology roadmaps
• Experience working with global and regional network operators and technology partners
• Experience in implementing ITIL and other governance best practices in the networking area
• Results oriented, with effective prioritization skills in a fast and dynamic work environment
• Excellent collaboration and communication skills in English
At KONE, we are focused on creating an innovative and collaborative working culture where we value the contribution of each individual. Employee engagement is a key focus area for us and we encourage participation and the sharing of information and ideas. Sustainability is an integral part of our culture and the daily practice. We follow ethical business practices and we seek to develop a culture of working together where co-workers trust and respect each other and good performance is recognized. In being a great place to work, we are proud to offer a range of experiences and opportunities that will help you to achieve your career and personal goals and enable you to live a healthy and balanced life.
For additional information please contact Head of IT Operations, KONE IT Karen Waineo, tel. +358 40 558 9797 between 12-14 EET on either July 18 or July 25 or August 1 or e-mail email@example.com
If you are interested in this position, please send your application and salary expectation by August 7, 2017.