Google Data Center Facilities Technician (Engineer) in Hamina, Finland
The Data Center team designs and operates some of the most sophisticated electrical engineering, mechanical engineering and HVAC systems in the world. Facilities Technicians at Google data centers operate, monitor and support physical facilities conditions. Some of these duties will include heating and cooling of air and water, power supply, generators, UPS systems, electrical distribution and control and monitoring systems. You regularly help inspect, maintain and repair various data center systems such as piping and non-critical electrical or mechanical system components). You provide daily assistance to senior technicians as you read blueprints/schematics, conduct tours of systems and assess their working order.
As a master of of best-in-class practices, you develop creative approaches to reducing operational costs while improving overall data center efficiency. You ensure that environmental and safety standards are consistently met, identifying problems and making repairs quickly In emergency situations or abnormal conditions, you manage data center performance issues and outages to minimize the recovery time from failures.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We're always on call to keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Manage the maintenance of water pumps and treatment systems, HVAC, UPS, generators, electrical distribution and Control and Monitoring Systems.
- Develop creative approaches to optimizing operational efficiency.
- Operate, monitor, maintain and respond to changing conditions in the data center facilities systems and equipment.
- Provide tracking and trending operational characteristics.
- Provide on-call cover.
- Associate's degree, trade school certification or other verifiable training in a relevant technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in electrical maintenance in critical large scale facilities (Data Center, Pharma, Medical or Electrical). Experience in mechanical maintenance- including HVAC, plumbing, water pumps and water treatment, evaporator systems.
- Full driving license.
- Authorization to work in the EU.
- Proven ability to learn quickly and adapt to new process, procedures and equipment.
- Ability to prioritize work efficiently within a team.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.