BCD Travel Travel Consultant in Helsinki, Finland
Requisition #: FI 5765-13024
Position Type: Full Time - Permanent
Work Countries: Finland
Work Cities: Helsinki FI
The Travel Consultant is responsible for accurately and efficiently handling incoming requests via multiple channels (i.e. phone, email, etc.).
The travel consultant is the primary point of contact for the customer and provides active travel consultation towards the business customers, including providing travel details and up-selling of related products.
This position demonstrates a strong understanding and applicability of all areas of responsibility and ability to work independently according to the guidelines provided.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Search and confirm travel reservations for the customer, offer suggestions and anticipate customer needs
• Understand and accurately apply client travel policy and requirements to each interaction
• Provide travel offers and general travel advice to travelers
• Respond to requests accurately and considering customer service level agreements
• Consistently meet and sometimes exceed individual and team goals
• Adhere to BCD Travel policies and procedures to maintain quality control
• Provide the customer his/her undivided attention and apply BCD Travel communication guidelines to all interactions
• Provide assistance to team members as requested
• Minimum 3 years' experience in the business travel industry
• Solid working knowledge of the travel industry's policies, procedures and processes
• Knowledgeable of travel industry systems (i.e. Amadeus)
• Strong verbal and written communication skills in Finnish and English
• Proven ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously
• Ability to work flexible hours
• Ability to work independently, exercising discretion and judgment
• Demonstrated professional customer service skills
• Bachelor's degree, ideally within a tourism-related field
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
• Demonstrated internet research skills for customer information
• Strong problem solving and/or critical thinking skills
Your future work place
You will become part of a team of very dedicated colleagues, who are all working towards a common goal. We are proud to deliver the best service possible in order to maintain our high level of customer satisfaction.
On top of that, you will become part of a truly global organization where employee development is one of the highest priorities.
We have 2 available positions as a Travel Consultant in Helsinki.
As we will be reviewing all received applications on an ongoing basis, please do not hesitate to apply for this job. Deadline for application is July 3, 2017. Please submit your application in English.
If you need further information about the position, you are welcome to contact Head of Operations Finland, Virve Toukkari, on email: email@example.com
Please note, that only applications received via our recruitment system will be considered. We do not wish to receive applications directly via email.
About BCD Travel
BCD Travel helps companies make the most of what they spend on travel. For travelers, this means keeping them safe and productive, and equipping them to make good choices on the road. For travel and procurement managers, it means advising them on how to grow the value of their travel program. In short, we help our clients travel smart and achieve more. We make this happen in 108 countries with almost 13,000 creative, committed and experienced people. And it's how we maintain the industry's most consistent client retention rate (95% over the past 10 years), with 2016 sales of US$24.6 billion. For more information, visit www.bcdtravel.com.
About BCD Group
BCD Group is a market leader in the travel industry. The privately owned company was founded in 1975 by John Fentener van Vlissingen and consists of BCD Travel (global corporate travel management), Travix (online travel: CheapTickets, Vliegwinkel, BudgetAir, Flugladen and Vayama), Park 'N Fly (off-airport parking) and joint ventures Parkmobile International (mobile parking applications) and AERTrade International (consolidating and fulfillment). BCD Group employs over 13,000 people and operates in 100+ countries with total sales of US$ 25.4 billion, including US$ 10 billion in partner sales. For more information, visit www.bcdgroup.com. at http://www.bcdgroup.com./#LI-SM1
#LI-SM1 at http://www.bcdgroup.com./#LI-SM1
Field of Interest Category: Travel Operations
Percent of Travel: 0%