KONE, Inc Design Engineer, Electrical Machines in Hyvinkää, Finland
Design Engineer, Electrical Machines
Job ID: 32711
Job Posting Category: Research & Development
Employment Type: Full-time
Contract Type: Permanent
Application Closing Date: 02-07-2017
Ranked as one of the most innovative companies in the world, KONE is a global leader in elevator and escalator business. Every day, millions of people globally are using our elevators and escalators in an increasingly urbanizing environment. We want to offer the best People Flow™ experience to those using our equipment in residential and office buildings, hotels, public transportation sites, hospitals, shopping malls and many special buildings.
KONE Technology & Innovation is a global organization of technology, design and IT experts who research and create new technologies and solutions for innovative People Flow®.
We are looking for
We are now looking for a Design Engineer, Electrical Machines to work with elevator and escalator hoisting machine technology, component design and development. In this role you will ensure that KONE solutions in various elevator and escalator applications meet all design requirements. You will provide expert assistance during their lifetime.
You will be part of KONE Technology Organization (KTI) in Hyvinkää and work in close co-operation with other KTI units, sourcing, manufacturing, quality and KONE subcontractors.
This position is located in Hyvinkää, Finland and you will report to R&D Team Leader.
• Develop electrical machines for KONE solutions
• Create electromagnetic and thermal designs according given requirements by using e.g. electromagnetic and coupled FEM tools
• Verify design, performance and manufacturability of electromagnetic components
• Plan, execute, analyze and document motor testing
• Develop electrical motor testing procedures and use of measurement devices
• Ensure electrical machines’ electrical and mechanical compatibility and code compliancy
• Work in close co-operation with prototype and component suppliers to ensure knowledge transfer from prototyping to volume manufacturing
Skills, Education and Experience
• Knowledge and experience of electromagnetic design and calculation tools
• Experience on electrical machine verification
• Different testing, modeling, simulation and analysis skills and methods
• Experience in development of electric machines or other electromagnetic devices
• Knowledge of Matlab and Python programming is an asset
• Disciplined working methods with willingness and ability to work as a member of international design team
• Working languages are Finnish and English, other language skills are an asset
At KONE, we are focused on creating an innovative and collaborative working culture where we value the contribution of each individual. Employee engagement is a key focus area for us and we encourage participation and the sharing of information and ideas. Sustainability is an integral part of our culture and the daily practice. We follow ethical business practices and we seek to develop a culture of working together where co-workers trust and respect each other and good performance is recognized. In being a great place to work, we are proud to offer a range of experiences and opportunities that will help you to achieve your career and personal goals and enable you to live a healthy and balanced life.
For additional information please contact Antti Kärkkäinen, Category Manager, Machines, tel. +358 50 590 2664 or by e-mail email@example.com .
If you are interested in this position, please send your application and salary expectation by July 2, 2017.