KONE, Inc Project Manager, Marine in Hyvinkää, Finland
Project Manager, Marine
Job ID: 33310
Job Posting Category: Project Management
Employment Type: Full-time
Contract Type: Permanent
Application Closing Date: 30-08-2017
Ranked as one of the most innovative companies in the world, KONE is a global leader in elevator and escalator business. Every day, millions of people globally are using our elevators and escalators in an increasingly urbanizing environment. We want to offer the best People Flow® experience to those using our equipment in residential and office buildings, hotels, public transportation sites, hospitals, shopping malls and many special buildings.
KONE Marine experts provide a full range of versatile elevator and escalator solutions adapted for installations on ships and offshore platforms within the global shipping and shipbuilding industry to deliver the best People Flow® experience.
We are looking for
We are now looking for a Project Manager, Marine to be located in Hyvinkää, Finland.
As a Project Manager for Marine you will manage nominated new building projects mainly in Europe. In this role you will plan, direct and coordinate the activities of designated Marine projects to ensure that project objectives are accomplished within the agreed schedule, content and budget, using approved KONE methodologies and tools.
• Complete the project safely, on time and within budget
• Project cost control and financial result
• Accountable for stakeholder satisfaction, managing their expectations and getting approvals when needed
• Collaborate and communicate effectively with and between stakeholders
• Manage projects from sales handover until the end of the project warranty period
• Accountable for project variations, scope management and claims
• Schedule project towards project suppliers
• Create the project plan, safety plan, quality plan, installation plan and logistics plan and execute the project accordingly
• Control the material and inventory and take care of the claim analysis
• Negotiate sub-contractor scope, terms and rates, instigate purchase orders and certify bills
• Perform subcontractor qualification, evaluation and selection and ensure right competence level of site team
• Manage project start up meeting, regular project reviews, project audits, handovers and final closure of project
• Lead the multifunctional project team and manage their performance, e.g. communicate project goals, give feedback on the performance and coach
• Take care of the administrative activities of the project, e.g. project reports and project reviews with the project team
Skills, Education and Experience
• Higher vocational diploma or university degree (B.Sc. or M.Sc.) preferably in technical sciences
• Minimum 3 years of project manager experience, preferably from marine and/or elevator industry
• General knowledge in project management methodologies and tools, certified PMI project manager or equivalent preferred
• Strong leadership and execution skills, willingness and ability to take responsibility and make decisions
• Good collaboration and communication skills in an international environment
• Strong customer focus, analysis and problem solving skills
• Good knowledge of marine industry and environment related to rules, solutions and technologies is an asset
• Fluent English language skills, other language skills are an asset
• Willingness and flexibility to travel
At KONE, we are focused on creating an innovative and collaborative working culture where we value the contribution of each individual. Employee engagement is a key focus area for us and we encourage participation and the sharing of information and ideas. Sustainability is an integral part of our culture and the daily practice. We follow ethical business practices and we seek to develop a culture of working together where co-workers trust and respect each other and good performance is recognized. In being a great place to work, we are proud to offer a range of experiences and opportunities that will help you to achieve your career and personal goals and enable you to live a healthy and balanced life.
For additional information please contact Jörn Wienholz-Buß, e-mail email@example.com.
If you are interested in this position, please send your application and salary expectation by August 30, 2017.