VMware Global Account Manager in Finland
The Global Accounts Manager will have principle responsibility for VMware sales to the most significant accounts within the VMware portfolio. The individual in this role will be responsible for global consistency, global engagement, global relationships, and ultimately revenue generation that exceeds defined targets.
The primary objective will be to establish a significant software and services footprint in the largest and most influential corporations world-wide in an accelerated timeframe. This will be accomplished by the effective use and leverage of company resources; account teams, dedicated marketing, engineering resources, and substantial executive level involvement.
• Set Global Account strategy and direction that drives new VMware revenue
• Coordinate global sales coverage and manage local territory sales execution
• Set and negotiate all pricing for the designated account - Serve as the customer's single point of contact
• Oversee day to day operations and maintain strong executive level relationships throughout each account by presenting to customers, developing proposals and negotiating agreements
• Oversee the creation and delivery of accurate quarterly and annual forecasts and account plans
• Establish highly strategic, thoughtful and deliberate plans within the existing framework of VMware’s transactional and metrics oriented business model Experience Required
History and experience:
• A minimum of 10 years experience in technology sales with increasing levels of responsibility
• 5+ years of experience as a Global/Strategic Account Manager
• Documented track record of proven success - Proven experience managing in a matrix work environment
• Comfortable working with C level executives at Fortune 500 companies and building necessary business relationships throughout the organisation
Core Competencies: -
• Self-starter who takes initiative and works with limited direction
• Highly trusted individual who maintains and expects high standards for self and team
• Solid business acumen which appropriately balances creativity, entrepreneurship and risk taking
• Excellent communicator, both written and oral
• Dynamic presenter with the ability to translate technical thoughts to everyday language
• degree or higher preferred
• Minimum of 10 years' experience in the industry
• Some travel required
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.