Google Data Center Facilities Technician Intern 2018 in Hamina, Finland
Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: 9979 Eemshaven, Netherlands; Hamina, Finland
Behind Google’s simple search box is one of the most complex technology infrastructures in the world. And behind that infrastructure is a diverse group of Googlers who design, build and keep the lights on for our users.
Our Data Center Engineering team takes the physical design of our data centers into the future, and our technicians, engineers, and support teams bring ideas to life. The teams use creative approaches to reduce operational costs and to extend traditional practices to meet our goal of making our data centers the most energy efficient and environmentally sustainable in the world.
With this in mind, Google launched our first Data Center Intern program in 2015. Current students majoring in computer science, computer engineering, computer information systems, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, civil engineering and geography are encouraged to apply. This program is open to all university and higher education students and is committed to addressing diversity in our company and in the technology industry.
We invite you to join us for the 2018 Data Center Intern program!
You should be available to intern for a minimum of 13 weeks.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From AdWords to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Work under the guidance of Google’s engineering team on projects (minimum of one) which will improve one or more of the following: efficiency, sustainability, environmental impact, automation, human resource utilization, documentation and control.
- Manage and maintain water pumps and treatment systems, HVAC, UPS, generators, electrical distribution, and control monitoring systems.
- Respond to data center performance issues and outages, inspect, maintain and repair various data center systems (power supply, piping, air conditioning, heating/cooling, and non-critical electrical system components, etc).
- Work together with Google’s Engineering team in order to develop and execute environmental, mechanical and electrical performance testing to have more comprehensive characterization of the efficiency of the data centres.
- Provide engineering expertise, guidance and technical assistance. Review the work of consultants, contractors and facility operators under the supervision of the Facilities Manager.
- Pursuing a BA/BS degree or higher education certification in an engineering discipline, to be completed between December 2017 and December 2018 at a European University.
- Authorization to work in the EU.
- Classroom experience or an understanding of refrigeration cycle, thermodynamics, fluid systems, mechanical motion, electrical theory and/or controls.
- Proven ability to learn quickly and adapt to new process, procedures and equipment.
- Ability to collaborate and work in teams.
- Excellent English-language communication and teamwork skills and a strong attention to detail.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.