Nvidia Senior System Software Manager, Imaging Firmware in Helsinki, Finland
Senior System Software Manager, Imaging Firmware
NVIDIA is hiring a senior manager with a proven track record of leading teams in a global multi-site environment. The job includes:
Leading an international team developing system software and drivers for new imaging hardware
Collaborating closely with other software, hardware and and architecture teams around the globe to define software component requirements and designs
Coordinating the efforts of validating the software design and implementation as well as the hardware design in simulated, emulated, FPGA and finally silicon platforms
Actively tracking and improving software development practices and defining the necessary processes and practises
Planning future activities and roadmaps closely with stakeholders
Leading the functional safety activities to a set of software components
People management and hiring of team members
What you'll be doing:
- Strong communication skills. Can communicate equally well up and down the chain, as well as to peers.
- Strong experience with best software engineering practices, at both the engineering and management level.
- Have a proven track record of successful technical management, especially in managing senior s/w engineers, and working in international organizations.
- Linux or QNX experience
- Detail oriented with proven ability to multitask and plan in a fast moving environment with shifting priorities and changing requirements.
- BS or MS degree in EE/CS/CE, 5 years of software development experience and preferably 2 years of management experience
Ways to stand out from the crowd:
- Technical knowledge and interest in imaging hardware and software.
- Low level firmware development experience
- Knowledge of virtualization
- Strong familiarity with the C and C++ development cycle, competent programming skills.
- Comfortable conducting code reviews and participating in hands-on development as needed.
- Knowledge of system software, real-time operating systems, kernel architecture, and hardware interfaces.
Automotive safety standards e.g. ASPICE or ISO26262
Posted 30+ Days Ago
- Full time