Microsoft Corporation WE HQ: Cloud Solution Architect Oil& Gas/Energy/Utilities in Finland
Joining The Microsoft Team Means…
Microsoft envisions a world where passionate innovators come to collaborate, envisioning what can be and taking their careers places they simply couldn’t anywhere else. This is a world of more possibility, more innovation, more openness, and sky’s-the-limit thinking – a cloud-enabled world.
Our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. This mission is ambitious and at the core of what our customers and employees care deeply about. We have unique capability in harmonizing the needs of both individuals and organizations. We deeply care about taking our ideals and vision global and making a difference in lives and organizations in all corners of the planet.
We are always learning. Insatiably curious. We lean into uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from our mistakes. We build on each other’s ideas, because we are better together. We stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve and are motivated every day to empower others to do more and achieve more through our technology and innovation. Together we make a difference.
To learn more about Microsoft’s mission, please visit: https://careers.microsoft.com/mission-culture
Check out all of our products at: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us
Microsoft aspires to help our customers achieve their own digital transformation, leveraging the power of Microsoft Cloud solutions and services. To this end, Microsoft is investing in a dedicated Customer Success team that will help Microsoft customers successfully adopt Microsoft Cloud solution and services.
We are looking for a Cloud Solution Architect (Oil& Gas/Energy/Utilities industry) to drive high priority customer initiatives in collaboration with customers and the Microsoft field. This is a technical, customer facing role that is accountable for the end-to-end customer cloud deployment experience.
The Impact You’ll Be Making…
This role will own the technical customer engagement including: architectural design sessions, specific implementation projects and/or Proofs of Concepts. The ideal candidate will have experience in customer facing roles and success leading deep technical architecture and application design discussions with senior customer executives to drive cloud deployment. Key responsibilities include:
• Understand Customer’s vertical (Oil& Gas/Energy/Utilities) business strategy and objectives, requirements and key vertical business processes. Challenge assumptions to motivate change, identify, validate and grow opportunities, in partnership with the Enterprise Commercial Team, for deployment of Microsoft and Partners solutions to deliver tangible business value and innovation
• Coach Account Teams in their understanding of the Customer’s business processes in their DT. Help those Teams, from account planning, to Customers visits and workshops preparation, and design wins – POCS, to frame large digital innovation and transformation of the Customers, and bridge Customers business objectives into specific solutions leveraging MS cloud capabilities, portfolio and solutions.
• Understands key industry solutions of Partners based on Solution Maps, in close collaboration with OCP Teams, and articulate them in Customer DT solution driving business benefits for the Customer, and leverage of MS cloud. Drive the deployment of target industry solutions and increase the consumption by providing deployment guidance, supporting development of the customers ‘cloud adoption model, and providing appropriate recommendations to overcome blockers for customers.
• Establish trusted relationships with Customers BDMs, Line of Business sponsors, and OT/IT decision makers, who drive long-term cloud adoption as mean to resolve business problems and grasp market opportunities for their companies. Sought as trusted cloud expert applied to the industry, by Customers, Partners and internal Teams.
• Supports readiness of the field sales Teams, by providing coaching on Customers key vertical business processes, how to transform them digitally, and generate massive win-win value for both the Customer, MS and its Partners.
• Keep up to date with market trends in the industry, providing competitive insights, understanding Customers key market trends and their impact and opportunities on DT, and the new innovation trends and potential disruptions in the industry.
Who we are looking for…
Experiences Required: Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge:
• Deep understanding of cloud computing technologies, business drivers, and emerging computing trends
• Deep understanding of the oil& gas/ energy/utilities industry and it is key processes
• Proven track record of building deep business and technical relationships with senior executives and growing cloud consumption share in large or highly strategic accounts
• Proven track record of driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through with exceptional verbal and written communication
• 10+ years in the oil& gas, energy or utilities industry, with deep expertise in some of this industry processes.
• 5+ years of success in consultative/complex technical sales and deployment projects (where necessary, managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solution/projects)
• 5+ years of architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed applications (i.e. having an architectural sense for ensuring availability, reliability, etc.)
• Oversight experience on major transformation projects and successful transitions to implementation support teams
• Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity. All applications for vacant positions will be welcomed and will be considered on the relative merits of the applicant against the role profile for the position regardless of color, race, nationality, ethnic origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, parental responsibilities, age, religion, or belief.